Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Unwanted Answers

So... Been awhile hasn't it? I meant to update the day after my sister translated the note... but some things came up I suppose.

When my sister got home a couple weeks ago, I showed her the note and she said that she'd translate it. She... looked at me a bit weird when she saw it, but she didn't really question it.

A few days passed and I spent most of my time with her, doing sister things. Going to the mall, checking out some off Broadway shows, etc etc. But, after a week passed, I realized she hadn't gotten back to me about the note. And I know latin takes a bit of work, but it shouldn't have taken this long, right?

But before I could call her out on it, my summer play started up and I got distracted. Some... weird things happened at the first couple rehearsals, but I want to focus on the note for right now. So more time passes and my sister keeps on keeping me busy. Keeping me away from my laptop, keeping me away from my phone, keeping me away from that damned note.

Finally, I found a lull in which I could call her out. We were home alone, and one of her plans wasn't supposed to happen for another couple hours. I sat her down and said, "Coreana, what the hell is going on."

She looked at my nervously, "I don't know what you're talking about, Mari. C'mon, if we leave now, we can probably hit that sushi place you like before the show."

"'Ana, I'm serious. You've been making me run around for the last few weeks ever since you came here. What the hell is up with you?"

She paused, tapping her knee nervously, "What's up with me? I'm...." she fidgeted, and glanced at me. Slowly, she began, "Mari, you've always been.... caught up in supernatural stuff. When we were younger, you were obsessed with mythology. We could barely go an hour without you telling us something about Zeus, or Ra, or something like that! Then, when we got a bit older, it was more... those creepy games, like Silent Hill or whatever. Sometimes you'd just sit there, watching Ghost Hunters or whatever those shows were called... And now... now you're acting kinda normal, you know? You go out with friends, you read non-horror books, you act in normal plays! But this...."

I frowned as she paused. Honestly, no one in my family had ever called me out on my love of mythology and the like. But the way she talked about it, she made it sound like I was a fanatic. She let out a long breath as she continued, slowly, "Mari... this note... I know you said you found it. And I know you don't know latin... but..."

"But what, 'Ana?"

"Mari.... this is your handwritting. I know your handwritting. And this it it.... I think... Maybe you should keep off the internet... for the summer maybe? Maybe it'll help you get out of... whatever this is. It's just not healthy, Mari."




I stared at her, shell shocked. "That's.... That's impossible, 'Ana. I didn't write that damn note! Just... Just tell me what it says, ok!?"

She gave me a sad look. The.... same sad look she always gave me when I didn't get something correct right away, but she sighed. "Fine... The latin is really bad, something someone just learning latin would make. The basic idea is, 'Look for the Puppet' or girl actually, the way they use Pupa it means the same thing. But, 'Look for the Puppet/ It has the Answers you seek/ But while you get your answers/ It will have it's games.'"

As I stared at her, repeating her words in my mind, she continued, "Look, Mari... maybe talk to your therapist about this? You had a really active imagination when we younger... maybe it's acting up again now? Mari, please...."

I shook my head and stood up, "I'm.... sorry, 'Ana. I'm not feeling up to the movie today... I... I think I'm going to go lay down for the rest of the day. You have fun, ok?" I quietly walked to my room, and locked the door.



It's been a few days. My sister thinks that it's my imagination acting up... and messing with me. That I've read too much stuff. Especially since I've been talking about tulpas recently in out conversations... But I think it's more. I think there is more to this. And I think I know someone who has the answers.

Next time, I'll tell you about Jacqueline Fantoche.

No comments:

Post a Comment